Hey guys!

I apologize for being MIA recently, it's been a bit hectic these last few weeks - Matthew and I finally had our House Warming party, we got a puppy!!, and have just been dealing with the adjustment of being homeowners and new fur parents.

I figured I would jump back into it with a "Hey, it's officially fall, time for sweaters and PSLs" post.

As depressed as I am that summer is over, I have to admit, there are some pretty cute fall trends happening right now. Usually, this time of year, us New Englanders are dealing with the awkward "freezing morning-hot afternoon" stage of Fall, however, it's been a bit chillier than normal. With that, and the occasional 80 degree day (i.e. last Saturday), I decide to compile a few things that help get me through these bi-polar temperatures.

Puffer Vests
I, for one, am guilty of having far more of these things than I actually need... but then again, I have far more of everything than I actually need. Vests are a great way to stay warm, but not sweaty, when the air gets a little more crisp. Throw a lightweight turtle-neck on underneath and you're golden.

One: Jcrew - Factory Novelty Quilted Puffer Vest
Two: Old Navy - Women's Quilted Zip-Front Vest
Three: Joe Fresh - Pack Away Puffer Vest
Four: Lands End - Women's Shimmer Shawl Collar Down Vest

Booties
The baby version of real boots, these little guys are the epitome of early fall fashion. I've been seeing a lot of the open backs and peep-toes lately. Loving these ones...




One: Piperlime - Sam Edelman - 'Petty' Bootie
Two: Nordstrom - BCBGeneration - 'Jezebelle' Pointy Toe Cutout Bootie (Women)
Three: Nordstrom - Via Spiga - 'Fabrizie' Suede Sandal (Women)
Four: GAP - Chelsea booties

Hats
A statement necklace for your head. Since it's a little harder to accessorize with all the layers you'll be wearing, and the fact that you lose about 45% of your body heat through your head, a hat is the perfect way to add a little sum'n sum'n to your outfit and keep you warm.







One: Nordstrom - August Hat - Feather Trim Floppy Felt Fedora
Two: Anthropologie - Vuelta Rancher Hat
Three: H&M - Ladies Knit Hat
Four: Jcrew - Bailey For Jcrew Felt Hat
Five: Madewell - Quilted Baseball Hat

Jogger Pants
Ladies - lets all take a moment to bask in the realization that it is now acceptable to wear sweatpants out in public.. HALLELUJAH! I suppose they aren't really on same level as the sweats I wear to bed, but they're technically the same material, so I'm going for it. These are so versatile, you'll be wearing them to the office, for coffee dates, or for lounging around the house. Get that perfect "off-duty" outfit by pairing these with flats and a slouchy Tee, or with heels and a blazer for a more polished look.






One: Madewell - Textured Slouchpants
Two: Jcrew - Turner Pant
Three: H&M - Imitation Leather Pants
Four: Joe Fresh - Soft Cargo Pant



Thanks for reading kids, I promise I'll get back on the OOTDs soon :)

Happy Fall-ing!

Post a Comment

© CORPORATE GLITTER. Design by FCD.