Now that the temps are starting to warm up, it's time to ditch the heavy layers and break out the spring colors! I always like to refresh my wardrobe with the seasons - but this year I've been trying my hardest to make better choices and only buy items I know I can rotate throughout the seasons, and that can be worn a minimum of three ways. For example, a lightweight sleeveless dress can be worn in the winter with an oversized cardi and OTK boots, and then again in the spring/summer months with a light jacket, or no layers at all!

So when I was approached by Bonobos to share my favorite HIS & HERS looks for spring, I thought it would be so fun to put together a few different options for you all. I will admit, I love "helping" my fiance pick out outfits when we go out... and yes, sometimes I totally make us match!

Now - my only hesitation with this post was choosing my go-to spring colors. Lately I've been finding myself drawn to things that, well, aren't colorful! Obviously I live in black most of the time, but I can wear those pieces year-round. And to be honest, I just don't quite feel like myself in neon pink anymore...

SO... here it is... my go-to spring colors this year are... (you guessed it)...
NEUTRALS!


Let's get started then, shall we :)

LOOK #1
COLORS: TAN / BEIGE / WHITE / DENIM 

This look is perfect for when it's just starting to get warmer (you don't need a jacket) but there's still a slight chill in the air. Light layers are key here! You can now break out your mules and open toed shoes... if you've been in for a pedicure (kidding! Sort of...). The guys can lighten up their layers too, and start wearing the "no sock" shoes.

This time of year I feel myself opting for comfy, breathable pieces, and 'fits like this boyfriend jean+slouchy sweater combo are definitely in heavy rotation RN. I like to keep my accessories simple but jazz it up with a red lip! For the men - I love a simple layered look. White tee, jeans (that fit!) and a casual jacket are perfect for anywhere!


Spring Colors_V1

HERS
JEANS // Hollister
SHOES // Ashbury Skies
BAG // Baggu

HIS
JEANS // Bonobos
JACKET // Orvis
SHOES // Timberland
TEE // Bonobos



LOOK #2
COLORS: BLACK / WHITE / PATTERN POP

I love this knotted top paired with crisp white denim. And since it's not quite summer temps yet, you can still get some use out of your wool hats and ankle booties. Mixing the tiny print of this top with the medium leopard print of the clutch is print-mixing done right. The guys can throw in a pattern too, like this cool camo wallet! Have him roll the hem of his pants and pair with fresh white sneaks for a laidback look.

Going out for drinks, or walking around the city - these matching outfits will definitely make heads turn. If you need a layer, grab a leather jacket or a slouchy cardigan to warm you up! I know I'll be mixing a LOT of leopard into my wardrobe this season - and pairing with white really helps to soften the pattern.Spring Colors_V3

HERS
JEANS // Frame
SHOES // H&M
BAG // Clare V. (On sale!)
TOP // Mango
HAT // Brixton

HIS

PANTS // Bonobos
TOP // Bonobos
SHOES // TCG
WATCH // MVMT


LOOK #3
COLORS: BLACK / WHITE

Bare leg season is officially here! Time for dresses and showing off those cute shoes! I was thinking brunch here - how perfect is this gingham shirt dress?! I've been buying SO much B/W gingham recently - I love how versatile it is for the seasons. Since I love black so much, the pattern of this dress perfectly matches all of my dark accessories. 

I kept his look simple, as to not compete with the pattern of this dress. Sleek black jeans and a white henley look so put-together, and his black watch is a perfect match to mine. These looks are light and feminine, with a touch of edge - exactly what I'm feeling this spring :)


Spring Colors_V2

HERS
DRESS // ASOS
SHOES // Vince Camuto
BAG // Givenchy
WATCH // Daniel Wellington

HIS

PANTS // Bonobos
TOP // Bonobos
SHOES // Sperry
WATCH // Kapten and Son


I hope you guys like these matching looks, and are inspired to hit the town with your S.O. in complementary looks!


Post a Comment

© CORPORATE GLITTER. Design by FCD.