Is there anything more classic than a tea length black dress? Okay maybe a few things, but that is definitely on the list. I've partnered with SOLIKA to style one of their dresses and figured I'd do so with another edition of UP / DOWN / MIDDLE GROUND!

Normally I would tuck this beauty away for special occasions, but I promised myself that I would stop waiting for the perfect time to wear things. I am determined to get more usage out of my closet and this dress is no exception - which is why I challenged myself to style it in three ways!

THE BRAND

SOLIKA was the name of a powerful woman in the 1800’s who stood up for her beliefs despite society’s standards. Founded in 2013 and based in Los Angeles, SOLIKA was created by designer friends Chaya and Sarah with a mission to empower women all over the world. Their expertly crafted minimalistic designs are created to be both stylish and timeless.

"Although the aesthetics of the line are detailed with simplicity, the message is bold – the purpose is to empower women to share their beauty and confidence through modest clothing."

LOOK #1: DRESSED UP

This dress is equal parts class and sass. The satin material is structured but still flows well, and hits right below the knee (I'm 5'7" and wearing an XS). I love the high neckline and that the sleeves are hemmed with elastic, which creates some additional dimension is the design. I chose to keep it simple with this look - diamond studs and velvet block heels let the dress run the show!




DRESS // SOLIKA - Black Joelle Dress
HEELS // Nordstrom Rack - Marc Fisher Zala Pump (old), Similar, Similar


LOOK #2: DRESSED DOWN

I "roughed up" the satin of this dress with a denim jacket and suede booties. I added a knotted neck scarf for a little bit of pattern and interest, without taking away from the overall structure of the dress. Cute for grabbing coffee, wearing to the office - anything really!




DRESS // SOLIKA - Black Joelle Dress
SCARF // H&M - Paisley scarf
DENIM JACKET // H&M (old) - Similar, Similar, Similar
BOOTIES // Poshmark - J.Crew Hadley Boot (pre-loved), Similar, Similar, Similar
BAG // Thrifted - Similar, Similar, Similar

LOOK #3 - MIDDLE GROUND

I added some layers with a cardigan and a big chunky scarf, and tall boots for extra warmth. I always try to vary my textures so I chose matte fabrics like suede and knitwear to counter the satin finish of the dress. This would work perfectly as a Thanksgiving Day dress too! Stretchy, flowy and would still look cute when you decide to put your slippers on later ;)




DRESS // SOLIKA - Black Joelle Dress
SCARF // Forever 21 - Brush Knit Scarf
CARDIGAN // H&M
BOOTS // Stuart Weitzman (old/gifted), Similar, Similar


Check out the other super pretty SOLIKA designs, like the easy, casual HEIDI dress or the beautiful velvet FLEUR dress!


1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing the post keep sharing with us. women's jacket sizes conversion can be helpful while doing the online shopping.

    ReplyDelete

© CORPORATE GLITTER. Design by FCD.