These last six months have absolutely flown by! I can't believe that we have been engaged for this long already, and I really can't believe that I am just NOW getting a chance to blog about it!

You may have seen our proposal featured on sites like Style me Pretty and How He Asked, on various Instagram accounts like @longsjewelers, or you may have even spotted us on Cosmo Magazine's snapchat, from an article they published on their website titled "22 Gorgeous Proposal Photos That Will Make You Believe in Love"!!! (no big deal)

We were so humbled and excited that so many people loved it enough to share our story. It was the most magical moment of our lives and I love that we get to cherish the photos for a lifetime. Our photographer, Annmarie, was an amazing secret-keeper, planner, and she absolutely blew us away with the photos. We cannot WAIT to have her photograph the wedding!

For those who have already read the SMP and HHA features (links above), I wanted to write this post from a different angle.

I thought it would be fun to touch on the more personal parts of the proposal: the process of choosing the ring, my "requirements", and how it all unfolded.


Matthew and I started talking about marriage pretty early on in our relationship. Call me crazy, but I knew I was going to marry him before we even started dating! A few years before, actually. I just think we needed life to play out a little bit for us first.

I remember the night, it was just around our three year dating anniversary... Matt and I were getting ready for bed, chatting about our future and when we would start house-hunting again. Naturally, marriage came up. We ended the conversation with Matt telling me that he planned to propose before our four year anniversary. I took this information with a grain of salt, as I did with all of our wedding conversations, as not to get my hopes up if it didn't happen right when he said it would.

A few short months later, we started ring shopping - just for fun. We met with Bob, the owner of Long's Jewelers, who was extremely knowledgable and helpful in showing us all of the different shapes and sizes of diamonds. We also met with Elise, who works at the Peabody, MA location, a few times to look at settings. She was wonderful and let me try on almost every ring in the store! Little did I know, the gears in Matt's head were turning, and he was making all kinds of mental notes.


Some people will not agree with me about having a hand (literally) in the ring shopping process, and I totally understand their point of view. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting it to be a total surprise. Personally, I wanted it to be an experience we could share together; something fun for both of us. And in all honesty, I am the one who gets to wear it for the rest of my tomorrows - I wanted to make sure I loved it! And I do, more than anything; it is my most prized possession and every time I look down at it, I remember how much fun shopping around for it was.  While I chose the shape and style, I let Matt make the final decision - he chose the actual diamond, the metal type and the setting. It is a constant reminder that we are a team now and is so much more special to me knowing that he loves it just as much as I do.


So how about my "requirements" for the proposal? I won't lie to you - I did have some. I told Matt that I didn't care if he wrote my name in the sky, or lit up Times Square with a "Will You Marry Me?" sign. My only requests were that he have someone photograph it, and yes, to please make sure my nails were done! I didn't need anything crazy, I just wanted someone, whether it was a guy in the bushes with a camera, or our closest family and friends, to capture the emotion of the moment.



Matthew did that, and then some. A few weeks prior, he contacted my favorite photographer (who we had had the pleasure of shooting with a few times already) to stage the event. Shortly after the plan was set, I received the email from Annmarie asking us to please please please do this "anniversary" session with her. When Matt said he wasn't working that Saturday, I immediately agreed to do the shoot.

After a few weeks of going back and fourth with Annmarie on the dress, we finally found the perfect one: a dreamy, blush pink Needle & Thread embroidered tulle number. Unfortunately, it is now sold out (sorry guys!), but I have linked some similar ones below.




When I found out that Matt had planned the whole thing, and there was no reason for the photoshoot, other than to ask me to marry him, I was completely blown away with the amount of time, thought, and love that went into making it such a memorable moment.

I got my photos, which are more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed them to be, and I get to marry my best friend. And yes, my nails were done!



I am so incredibly excited to start this next chapter of my life with my handsome fiancé <3 I have to send a HUGE thank you to all who made it such a wonderful moment... I am forever grateful.

Photographer // @annmarie_swift
Flowers // @sweetannie_floral
Coordination // @cristenandcoevents
Engagement Ring // @longsjewelers + @ritani



OH - and one last thing :)

I am SO INCREDIBLY excited to announce that I have been asked to be The Bach's newest Blogger Bachelorette!! I'll be sharing all things wedding, including my bridal shower and bachelorette party photos, tips and experiences. I hope you guys will follow along! I can't wait to share this journey with you <3

Check out all of the 2016 Blogger Bachelorette ladies here!


2 comments

  1. Gorgeous story!! Your ring is amazing, the oval is perfect!! <3
    xx Tess | Sequins are the New Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. One arrangement the Bloom Flowers lady built for me contained mint. Everything is considered, even the smell of the overall bouquet. Really spectacular place. Go on, surprise someone special in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

© CORPORATE GLITTER. Design by FCD.