SPRING 2019 10x10 CHALLENGE

Hosted by @SellTradeSlowFashion and @BuyFromBIPOC



Another 10x10 completed and this one was my favorite one yet! Since there wasn't an official Winter challenge, and it was still snowy and cold here, I decided to do more of a "Sprinter" (Spring/Winter) challenge for myself with pieces that were for a bit cooler temps.

So let's get into it!

WHAT IS THE 10X10 CHALLENGE?

The below was taken from the boss-lady creator herself - Lee (the Bee) Vosburgh, of the blog Style Bee:

"The 10 x 10 Challenge™ is an exercise I established in 2015 to help encourage myself to get more creative with my clothes during a 30 Day Shopping Fast. The concept is essentially a micro capsule closet of 10 items that you work with for 10 days, trying new looks and styling your clothes in ways you might not otherwise try.

THE BASIC GUIDELINES
- PICK ANY 10 ITEMS FROM YOUR CURRENT CLOSET
- STYLE THOSE ITEMS INTO 10 DIFFERENT LOOKS
- USE 10 DAYS TO DO IT
- HAVE FUN AND DON’T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY!

I say ‘guidelines’ instead of ‘rules’ because this is meant to be a fun and helpful exercise, not a daunting or rigid task. You can limit yourself to only those 10 items for the full 10 days or just wear those items to work or after work. Take the weekend off and do 10 business days (that’s what I started with). You can try a smaller challenge first if you prefer with only 6 items over 6 days or up the ante and choose a few more items to style over a longer period (I’ve done 20 pieces over 20 days before and 30 items over 30 days).

Do whatever makes it feel manageable but still be sure to challenge yourself!"

So basically you choose 10 items - tops, bottoms, layering pieces and shoes. Don't include accessories, bags, hats, PJs, or gym clothes - those can flow in and out freely. Then you create a new outfit each day, for 10 days, using your 10 items.

That's it!


MY ITEMS

I chose more cold-weather items this time around, but I plan to do a "springier" challenge when the temps warm up a bit, right before summer.

I decided to forego shoes this around again, simply because I like having those extra spots for more clothing rotations like another pair of pants or a jacket/cardigan. I do try to limit myself to just a few pairs of shoes - but I'm so picky with my footwear!

Pants x3
Blazers x3
Tops x4

Here are my 10 items:

  

  

  

  

  


PANTS

WHITE DENIM // Everlane
WIDE LEG DENIM // Everlane
BLACK DENIM // UNIQLO

BLAZERS

PLAID // Everlane
CAMEL // H&M
BLACK // H&M

SWEATERS

STRIPE // Everlane
GRAY // H&M
TURTLENECK // H&M Mine was actually thrifted, but this is close enough!
WHITE // UNIQLO


DAY 1/10



DAY 2/10 




DAY 3/10




DAY 4/10



DAY 5/10



DAY 6/10



DAY 7/10



DAY 8/10


DAY 9/10



DAY 10/10





Thanks for following along friends!


Post a Comment

© CORPORATE GLITTER. Design by FCD.